It's April and Spring time is in full swing. The trees are blossoming, the birds are chirping, the snow is melting, the days are getting longer, and dreams of our summer vacations are almost reality. So there's all this hype about slimming down for summer, bikini bodies, booty short butt lift, the list goes on. So why did I choose Sculpted for Summer? Wellllll believe it or not, there was actually more thought put into it than the obviously catchy ring.
When we think of summer, I think most of us automatically associate it with swimsuits. And depending on how our winter discipline has gone, we may cringe at the thought and quickly go shop for the best cover-ups. One of the worst things is that feeling of anxiety over our bodies, and we've all experienced it! Even the people we think have the perfect body have felt it. I want to help remove that feeling for as many women as I can (men are welcome to join as well). But I don't want to approach it as a "quickly lose 10 pounds for summer" kind of plan. And it's definitely not a "don't eat, live on the elliptical" kind of plan. I want to improve your confidence from the inside out. I've found that even if your body doesn't change at all in regards to weight or size, just working out on its own brings confidence. By pushing yourself through hard things, and totally crushing your workouts, you prove to yourself that you can do it, and you are worth it.
One of my favorite moments with a clients was with a young mom of 2 kids came home from a vacation and told me that she couldn't be happier. They almost missed their connecting flight, but with 2 kids in her arms, and 3 bags, she sprinted through that airport and made it in record time. She was so proud of herself, and I was stoked. All of her hard work through our workouts together had paid off not only in her dress size, but in real life events. She was glowing with confidence.
I've put a lot of time and love into this program and I know it will bring you that confidence. Whether it's for suiting up for a day at the beach, or racing through the airport, you'll be ready. I've prepared you with over 30 healthy recipes that are easy and delicious, a meal guide with portion control, balanced meal planning, complimented with daily workouts that are designed for total body toning and sculpting to turn your body into a fat burning machine. Thats not all, there's 111 pages total packed with goodness!
To get you started, here are my top 5 tips on getting Sculpted for Summer:
- Lift heavy weights! If you're still scared to lift heavy, get over it. You turn into a man. To simplify the equation, muscle burns fat, the more muscle you have, the more fat you'll burn, and your body will turn into a lean mean, sexy machine. (There's obviously more to it than that but thats the main idea). You can burn far more calories with an intense weight session than hours on the cardio machines.
- Eat Fat to Burn Fat: Yes, its true. forget about the low-fat diet your aunts used to do. When we consume the right dietary fats (Omega-3, nuts, seeds, fish, avocado, olive oil) our body learns to use fat as an energy source. Plus, you'll be satisfied and fuller for longer! Not to mention all the nutrients and goodness packed into these foods
- Protein and Fiber are your Friends: Post workout, refuel with protein and fiber to help your muscles repair, and curb your appetite. Also benefit from the awesome metabolism boosting effects. Some of my favorite combo's are apples and peanut butter, Protein shakes, vegetables and hummus, a veggie omelette, you get the idea.
- Use your full body! The more muscle fibers you're working, the more calories you are going to burn. I use a lot of combo moves in this program to maximize calorie burn. Some examples from this program are Squat & Shoulder press, Lunge with a core twist, Plank with leg lifts, etc. I love combo moves because you get more bang for your buck!
- You can't out exercise a bad diet: This is why I have included lots of advice and guidance for your eating in this program. Abs really are made in the kitchen! doing sit ups all day long is not going to get you that six pack. I don't teach a restrictive or depriving diet, but it does take some discipline to get results. One of my favorite quotes, and one that I highlight in the program is "Discipline is Freedom". Put in the work now, and you will be able to live a more flexible life later on. When we train our bodies right and fuel them properly, they perform better for us in return and become more efficient at burning off an occasional treat.
So there you have it, some jumpstart tips to get the ball rolling. I hope you enjoy this program and can't wait to see the progress and all of your glowing confidence!